The Signs of Sight Loss
It is important for everyone to take care of their eyesight. Too many people take their eyesight for granted and don't understand the serious quality of life issues that might result if they lose their vision. At Austin Vision Center, we want to make sure that the people of Austin know how to take care of their vision. This starts by understanding some of the most common signs that someone is losing his or her vision. The sooner these signs can be detected, the faster intervention can be implemented, which might save someone's vision.
The Common Signs of Sight Loss
There are a few common warning signs that might indicate someone is losing his or her vision. These include:
- Frequently bumping into objects, such as furniture, people, and other fall hazards
- "Floaters" appearing in the visual field
- Dark spots that sometimes show up in certain parts of the visual field
- Flashes of light that tend to appear from time to time
- Having issues driving a car
- Headaches and migraines tend to develop from eye strain on a regular basis
In addition to blurry vision, these are all signs that someone is starting to lose his or her vision. It is important to ask an eye professional for help as soon as any of these signs appear.
Trust Our Optometry Team from the Austin Vision Center
At Austin Vision Center, our optometry professionals are here to make sure that everybody takes care of their vision. If someone loses his vision, it's typically gone forever. That is also why we stress preventative care. It is our belief that everyone should see their eye doctor at least once per year. If you are looking for a trained eye doctor in Austin, call us today at 512-477-2282 to make an appointment with our team. We look forward to meeting you!